+ LR-Icons

Frequently Asked Questions

  • Can I change my payment date?

    Yes, if you would like to change your payment date please email us the details of your request at personalloans@laurelroad.com or call us at +1(855)245-0989

  • What is the maximum amount I can refinance for my Associate Degree Loans?

    Laurel Road will refinance up to $50,000* for Associate Degree loans in the eligible healthcare field. Please see full eligibility requirements here.

    *Parents who are borrowing on behalf of their children are not subject to the $50,000 loan max

  • Do I need a cosigner on my loan?

    You may not need a cosigner, but if you do not meet our credit criteria, a cosigner may improve your chances of being approved.

  • Will applying for an in-school student loan with Laurel Road impact my credit score?

    After you complete the application you will authorize a hard credit inquiry which may affect your credit score.

  • What documents do I need to complete the student loan finance application?

    For most of our loans, you will only need to consent to the hard credit pull to progress within the application process. If you have a cosigner, it may be necessary for the cosigner to provide proof of income.

  • Who is eligible to finance their in-school student loan with Laurel Road?

    U.S. citizens or permanent residents with a valid I-551 card (a conditional I-551 card will not be accepted) are eligible to finance student debts with Laurel Road. Students that have accepted an offer to enroll at least half-time or are currently enrolled at least half-time at an Eligible Program/School Combination program listed in Exhibit 1- A. Degrees include MBA, JD, Engineering, Nursing Masters, Doctor of Nursing, Physician Assistant, Doctor of Medicine, and Dentistry. Not all degrees are eligible at all schools.

  • Who can I contact for help with my graduate school student loans?

    You can contact CampusDoor (answers@campusdoor.com) with questions about your application, approval, or the disbursement of your funds. If the funds are disbursed, you should contact our loan servicing partner, MOHELA, by calling 877-292-6845 Monday through Thursday 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. CT or Friday 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. CT.

  • How will my payments be applied to my Laurel Road Loan?

    Standard Payment Application: Payment is applied first toward any outstanding late fees, next to outstanding accrued interest, then and finally to the principal balance.

    Partial Payments: Payments less than the required monthly installment amount are applied using the standard payment application. Payments less than the required monthly amount may cause your account to become delinquent. We may report information about your account, late payments, missed payments, or loan defaults to consumer reporting agencies.

  • What happens if I cannot pay my loan?

    If you are eligible, you can apply for loan forbearance. This program is designed to protect you in the event you encounter economic hardship. Laurel Road is committed to working with you to find the best solution. Please refer to the question below regarding forbearance for more details.

  • Can I prepay my loan in full or partially without penalty?

    Yes. If you choose to prepay the loan or pay more than the minimum monthly payment amount, you will not incur any penalty for doing so. Additional payments are applied to your principal balance after all outstanding interest is satisfied.

1 2 3 4 14